Back

Kościół św. Marcina Wiśniowa

St. Martin’s church in Wiśniowa

St. Martin’s church in Wiśniowa
Uwagi nt. dostępności: St. Martin’s church in Wiśniowa -
Wisniowa, 32-412 Wiśniowa Tourist subregion: Krakowski
tel. +48 122714097
http://drewniana.malopolska.pl
Facilities at cultural sites: Photographing allowed
Type of historical sites: Religious sites
Was built in 1720-1730 and comprehensively renovatedand reconstructed in the 19th century. The church trunk comprises a presbytery and a wider and higher nave to which a vestibule adheres. The church has log-framework structure and is covered with a double-ridge roof. The interior is adorned with rich polychrome decoration, mainly with plant motifs, made in 1910. In the church, there are five altarpieces, the main one features a miraculous painted image of Our Lady of Wiśniowa (1600s). Other interesting interior items include a baroque pulpit (late 1600s), late-baroque stone baptismal font (second half of the 1700s) as well as a 17th-century crucifix. The church is also a storage place for the pennons of the Kamiennik division of the Home Army.
Play Play

Related Assets