Back

Kaplica Chrystusa w Ciemnicy Moszczenica

The Chapel of Christ in the Sepulchre in the cemetery in Moszczenica

The Chapel of Christ in the Sepulchre in the cemetery in Moszczenica
Notes regarding availability: Visiting is possible only from the outside.
ul. Gorlicka, 38-321 Moszczenica Tourist region: Pogórza
Tourist subregion: Beskidzki
Facilities at cultural sites: Photographing allowed
Type of historical sites: Religious sites
The Chapel dates from around 1680.
It was moved to its present location from the old cemetery. It is a baroque-style chapel, erected on a hexagonal plan, with shingled walls and roof. In the entrance you can see a late-gothic portal from the first half of the C16th, crowned with an ogee arch. The paintings inside have scenes from The Passion of Our Lord in the folk baroque style and date from around 1680. The chapel fittings include a baroque painting of Christ in the Sepulchre with Our Lady of Sorrows from the turn of the C18th and a baroque sculpture of Christ at the Column.

There are no objects in the selected category.