Budynek Towarzystwa Gimnastycznego Sokół - Tuchów
The building of the "Falcon" Polish Gymnastic Society in Tuchów
Uwagi nt. dostępności: W obiekcie znajdują się różne instytucje, w celach turystycznych należy podjąć kontakt z wybranymi jednostkami.
Tuchów Tourist subregion: Tarnowski
The building of the "Falcon" Polish Gymnastic Society in Tuchów was built in 1911.
From 1855, the city infrastructure had been created by the subsequently established buildings: fire station, railway station on the line from Tarnów to Muszyna (1876), post office and orphanage. A branch of the "Falcon" Polish Gymnastic Society was also founded. On 6 February 1898, the Circle of the "Falcon" Polish Gymnastic Society was established, and Dr. Kazimierz Goyski, owner of the property in nearby Karwodrza, was elected its president (with Karol Berke as deputy). The circle undertook vivid cultural, educational and patriotic activity. On 17 October, in the presence of the Tuchów comunity, a commemorative plaque dedicated to the heroes of the fighting with Bolsheviks in 1920 was presented, and fr. Alfons Górowski officially blessed the seat of the "Falcon" society after its renovation.
Tourist Information centres and points
Sunday, 26 April 2015